Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sweet drink

I remember hearing something like this: "Beer (or alcohol) taste sweet when you're feeling sad or down. Bitter when you're ok"

I can't really remember where I heard it but I'm pretty sure that's the thought or idea.

A couple of months ago I decided to stop myself from drinking beer. I'm not alcoholic but I do enjoy having a bottle or two after work. I don't know, maybe psychological but it makes me feel more good in a way. And no I don't need people around me or going to bars just to drink. I was successful though in my small attempt to resist the said liquid, of course breaking it with a bottle if there's any important events like meeting up with old friends.

As I type this I am enjoying a cold can. And it feel so good. Then I remember the line I mentioned. Am I sad that I am enjoying this bitter drink? I took another swig and it did taste a little sweeter.

A friend told me about this job in an advertising company. When I heard about it, I immediately wanted to try it out. This might be the opportunity that I have been waiting for. It could change everything, I can finally follow the career path that I have been wanting for years.

I just find it funny how the timing was, yet again so off. I heard it when I am currently doing good in my recent job. If this was offered last year, I would have applied without thinking twice. But now, I can say I am happy with where I am. This job is something that I can settle with for now and I have no plans of leaving it just yet.

Don't you find it annoying. Really.

Why not last year? Why now? Why now when I feel that I am already rusty with what I know about the field. Somehow I don't wanna try risking anything. It feels better when you're on the safe side.

It got me to thinking that maybe I'm just afraid.
Afraid that if I tried it and failed, it will hit me twice as hard. It'll hurt way more knowing that you ain't good in what you are passionate about.
Like it'll probably suck more than not trying yeah?

I'm probably off better in ranting about stuff.
And fuck my writing is so bad now.


Just because you want something, just because it's your dream, it doesn't mean you're great at it ~

Cheers to life and it's fucking choices.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home