Tuesday, April 08, 2008


One-Two Combo

My blog’s a year older again. I’ve been officially blogging for two years now. Cool. Though I have blog accounts on Wordpress, Livejournal, MTVAsia, Incubus site, and Multiply, I’m much more active in posting here.

So, for fun, I decided to browse and read my blog posts in 2006 and 2007. It was fun.

A few days ago I read this really interesting article in the newspaper, a girl (someone I don’t really know and remember and whom I expect to be a socialite) had this little survey:

Would you rather have an Instant Replay or Fast Froward in your life?

Really interesting eh?

My first choice was the Fast Forward button. I’m the type of guy who, as much as possible, tries not to dwell in the past and wants live and enjoy life as it is, and of course prepare myself for the things ahead. The past is the past. You can’t undo the mistakes that you already did, can not relieve the same happy and blissful feeling you have had. And there’s this ‘Keep moving forward’ line in some movie that I also forgot. Fast Forward would be the practical choice.

But then again, having a blog is like having an Instant Replay button in your life. As I was browsing and reading my old posts, I remembered how happy I was during my OJT in Malaya, the hardships of looking for a job, puyatan seesions for a project and unforgettable moments during my college life.

And though you can never have the same feeling that you had back then, relieving some of the moments in your past that’s somehow temporarily been erased in your memory makes you smile, because those are the things that made you what you are now.

So yeah, I choose the latter.

+++++

I also like to share this inspiring verse that keeps me strong, positive and secure whenever I face tough challenges:

1 Peter 5:10

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home