Saturday, April 19, 2008


Dancing out on the edge

I’m officially 22 years old. *sigh* Am really getting old.

Anyway, this morning I received a text message from Jen saying that starting next week I’ll be on the night shift again. No freaking way. It was like just 3 months since I was transferred to the morning shift. Are they trying to kill me? Don’t they know it’s super hard to adjust especially if you were informed for like 3 days before the new schedule starts?

But then again, I’ve been considering going back to the night shift so I can have a little more cash. So I listed the Pros and Cons of going back to the Night shift:

Cons

- I got so used with the AM shift, feels like I have a regular-office job

- Lunch breaks. In the Night shift you have limited choices where to eat (McDo, Jollibee, KFC, or the Pantry. But you can also go for some place far which means a 10 minute walkathon like Chow King, North Park, Brothers and Yellow Cab.) But in the Morning shift, there’s like a list of choices.

- I can’t ride the shuttle anymore. Meaning more walks since I’m going to ride the LRT and MRT most likely.

- EOP galore since our VA trainer was also transferred to the night shift.

- I’ll miss Marj-jie, Kuya Ben, and Rae noona.

Pros

- I get to be with Ace and Janus again.

- More money because of the night differential. Hmmm… the salary increase plus the night differential, tempting.

- It’s already dark when I go to work so I won’t be sweating so much because of the sun, so walking wouldn’t really be a problem.

- No more Jolly-jeep. Fast-food galore.

- I can go to the mall before work.

So yeah, night shift doesn’t sound that bad right? I just feel that I’m more comfortable with the morning shift for some reason. There’s nothing I can do anyway to reverse the decision.

Caffeine intake would increase again.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home