Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bonus Feature


Being a Harry Potter fan, I was ecstatic to know that the team names in my first job would turn out to be the houses of the novel’s Wizard school. How cool is that right? But my enthusiasm burst quickly like a bubble pricked by a needle when I learned that my team was named the Hufflepuff team.

I never liked the Hufflepuff house. In the book, Hufflepuff students are pushovers. Insignificant and boring people. It wouldn’t matter if you remove the Hufflepuff house and students because it wouldn’t really affect the whole story.

On the contrary, despite my open loathing for the said Hogwarts house, I feel lucky that I’m part of Livewire’s Hufflepuff team – which is the exact opposite of the Hufflepuff people in the novel.

Since this is my first job, the relationship with my colleagues plays an important part. You’ll never enjoy your job if you do not enjoy the company of the people you’re going to be with everyday while you’re in this company. And I’m confident enough to say that I’m blessed with this.

My batch mates (the second-to-the-last batch since we don’t really have a wave or something), I never thought that I’d easily get along with them, that was when I first saw them during the contract signing.

Dianne was the first one I really got to talk with. I’m the shy and quiet type, but I never felt awkward when I got to have a little chat with her. She’s one interesting butch.

Then there’s the ever poise Jen who could eat one chocolate bar for lunch in probably less than an hour. She reminds me of a college friend, so it was not hard for me to be comfortable with her.

If you want some sensible talk, there’s Ace. He’s really smart and witty. However, be warned, conversations with him will always include Mariah Carey.

Robby Noona is someone you won’t easily forget. He’s fun to be with and I really enjoy his company.

And finally there’s Kuya Ben. He would be my complete opposite – in terms of personality that is. But nonetheless, he turned out to be the one that I’m most thankful for.

Now that’s five reasons why I love the Hufflepuff team, but it doesn’t stop there.

There’s our cute lead and trainer Justin, the adorable Edry, and ever charming banzai girl Marj. Our supportive and cool TL Mami Nari, Kuya Mark, Kuya Angelo, Ate Miles, the hottest mama Ate Mercy and the list goes on and on. All of them have been helpful in one way or another.

I have always been very vocal about my dream career. I may not gain much in terms of a foundation for a future career that I hope I’d be pursuing soon with this job, but I’ve grown as a person with the help of my team.

My current job is like a Triple Caramel Macchiato. The Hufflepuff team would be the sweet and addictive caramel syrup, because it blends perfectly with the coffee and enhances the taste of the three espresso shots making it less bitter and more pleasant to drink. Not to mention it just makes you crave for more.

And just like a cup of coffee that's about to be empty. The best thing to do is to just enjoy the aromatic beverage until the last drop. And when you're done drinking, it will be hard to forget how great it was.

It's already been six months since I met these guys. Six months might be a short time, but it's enough for me to know that they're a great bunch of people.

And one thing’s for sure. Livewire’s Hufflepuff team is no pushover.


Pics Galore


Team Hufflepuff AM shift. Lunch @ Shakey's.

With Banzai girl Marj and the hottest mama Ate Mercy @ the back.

That's me of course. Lol


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home