Monday, August 20, 2007

2007 PBA Rookie Draft

No surprise for the 1st overall pick. No doubt Welcoat will pick Joe Devance, the obvious, wise and rational choice. Same thing goes with the 2nd pick, with San Miguel choosing Samigue Eman.

My favorite UAAP point guard Marvin Cruz was drafted to Air21 as their 14th pick. I mean I was expecting it but was hoping that they would not choose him. The team needs a good point guard anyway. Air21 also got Intal, Kramer, Aljamal and Masbang for their 4th, 5th, 8th and 20th pick.

Good thing Air21 chose Intal. I had a feeling San Miguel might pick him. Atenista overload for the Beermen if that happens (Gonzales, Tenorio, Villanueva, and Racela).

Red Bull took Duncil for their 15th pick. Might be to replace Fonacier. I also did not expect Escalona drafted to Ginebra. I was surprised that he was chosen in round 1 when I was expecting Marvin Cruz and Jojo Duncil instead, and the two were among the last two applicants to be chosen.

San Miguel chose Eman and Jonas Villanueva. Good choices. And I’m still a fan of the team despite it looking like a ‘used to be cagers’ of the Ateneo Blue Eagles. At least Fonacier is now a Beermen (my favorite Eagle cager), when I saw Villanueva playing for San Miguel I knew Fonacier will come next. Lol. And I don't really like the Enrico Villanueva.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home