Friday, May 04, 2007

Blood stained glass

I never liked hospitals or clinics. They have this distinct scent that whenever I get to smell it I somewhat freak out. I may be the skinniest among our family but I was the only one who was never been confined in a hospital… yet.

I have aprilophobia, the fear of medical procedures using injections. Weird for a guy I know, and I have no bad experience whatsoever with injections. I’m just so afraid of injections. I remember when I was in grade 6 and there’s this free injection thing for the students, I was at the back of the line and I cried when it was my turn.

Aside from that I’m also hemophobic. I get so damn nauseous when I see blood.

So a few nights ago, while I was washing the dishes I accidentally broke the glass cup I was holding and yeah I had a big cut on my index finger. Then I saw blood flowing from the wound… and I mean flowing and you know what happened. Lol. My father tried to put some bandage on it while I was sitting on the sofa feeling so damn sick as if I’m gonna die. Lol.

After drinking some pain killers I tried to sleep because I have a job interview at 10 the next day, but my finger still feel so sore and when I tried to change the bandage I couldn’t take it off, the blood dried and was glued to the bandage.

I went to the hospital with my sister to have it removed, it was so damn painful. And yeah I was sitting on a chair and was feeling so damn nauseous. The nurse noticed that the cut was big and she said, “Naku kailangan yatang tahiin ito.”

I freaked out.

But luckily the doctor said that it’s not necessary. But I failed to go to the interview. Sigh.

I hate it because I couldn’t do the Korean peace sign now. Lol.

By the way I’m also ophidiophobic, I can’t stand snakes – even pictures. And what’s worse is that my siblings love to watch documentaries about snakes.
An hour before my stupid act. Lol.

Couldn't do the peace sign properly. Lol.

5 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger jln. said...

hahaha, sho! i remember that day on our sixth grade. the medical thingy was on the library and i was already done with my injections... and you were THE last one to go because you were uberscared. i remember waiting with you at the door. you were sooo cold and sweaty. i came in with you and stood a few feet away from you, for moral support. then then the time came. damn, you got your eyes closed and boom! the needle was in and you cried. awwwww.... we came out of the library together, with me trying to soothe you. but you can never believe they said: "parang kagat lang yan ng langgam!"

adults lie. do not forget that.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

sorry about your index finger ... and sorry about missing your job interview. I didn't missed any of my job interviews, but still, I don't have a job. Hehehe! cheer up :)

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like hospitals. Hehe. I just feel safe while I am inside.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Sey said...

so many phobias huh?...i'm used to it. my heart always bleed. hehehehe

get well soon. don't wori, parang kagat lang yan ng langgam. ehehehe.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger n e i d s said...

i don't wanna be a cruel friend for commenting on this post but the whole time i'm reading it, my goodness! i can't stop myself from laughing! =) i know you really don't like needles, blood, snakes, yuckie thingies and such and so am i but we better grow up man! hahaha, don't worry sho, your Korean peace sign would eventually go back soon... just be sure to take extra precautions next time, ayt!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home