Wednesday, April 18, 2007


A year old story

It was your duty, so even though WALKING around Makati from one hotel to another to cover presscons then to NAPOLCOM and the Makati Regional Trial Court from 8am to 3pm was something that you did not plan to do on your birthday, it was a MUST. And as an intern, plus the fact that it was your first day, you must contain from complaining, following everything your trainer told you since you want him to have a great first impression on you. Then you stayed in the pressroom until 6pm writing your articles.

That was the scene of my first day as an intern last year. And it was also my birthday. So yeah, I was all sweaty from all the walking we did – for some reason my trainer doesn’t want us to use any public transportation.

After my shift I decided to relax at a coffee shop with a killer view, and for someone who complains a lot everyday, for some reason I just couldn’t think of anything to complain about after the day I just had then. I enjoyed every single thing that happened that day.

I can say that it was the best birthday I had. The best summer ever.

I had a lot of fun. Learned a lot of things. Enjoyed the free food from the presscons. Tried hard listening to the judges and lawyers in the cases I covered even though I couldn’t understand half of what they are saying. Took a lot of pictures of the rallies. Tried solving the sudoku puzzle of the day with the other trainees during our free time. I get to cover the Subic Rape case when it was transferred to the Makati RTC – the biggest case I ever covered and it was really chaotic. Having a cup of coffee at my favorite coffee shop at the end of the night.

Considering that last summer was HELL because color coding was removed and it was worse than an ordinary school day. But at least Makati did not participate in that stupid no-color-coding thing.


I’m a year older again. Hate it.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday bro :) more birthdays to come :)

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birthday mo? Happy birthday! Graduate ka na b? Nag oojt din ako ngaung summer. Hehe.

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 site ko e. School setting, de la salle araneta, h.r, sa sm manila and clinical sa med city. So far malapit na ko matapos ng school setting. Hehe.

Nga pala. How do you put the song in the blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home