Thursday, April 12, 2007


Where I am

A year ago, a week before my birthday - which was also the first day of my internship, I was at my favorite coffee shop branch. Excited about my OJT. Wondering how my first day would go. Hoping that I would get to see my name printed on Malaya. Idealistic about my soon-to-be job.

Now, a year after, also a week before my birthday, I was again at the same coffee shop sitting on the same table. Enjoying my coffee after an exam at some company in Ortigas where I applied as a writer. Scolding myself for quitting my first job as a Korean English Instructor. And that I have to go through the application process again. And now, trying to be practical.

Don’t you just love job hunting?!

I’m not that willing to be a ‘journalist’ now. The pay is so low that if I will be a reporter, my sister earns twice my salary. And she’s sitting in an air-conditioned while I’m going around Makati under the scorching sun looking for stories. Fuckoff!!

And what’s irritating is that I really want to be a reporter. But come on. For 7k a month and a daily allowance of P50. The hell. So yeah, I’m looking for an alternative. Something that would make my resume better with a handsome pay.

So for now I won’t be getting my dream job yet. *sigh*

But hey, I’m just starting. I’ll try to be as optimistic as I can be.

3 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger jln. said...

hey sho, pics namin ni you-know-who, are up on my friendster. check em out.

g'luck on your job hunting. it gets better don't worry.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger andymanz said...

hi bayaw!!=)

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger jln. said...

hey sho, have you dropped by my blog recently. i just posted something about me getting published in a book! yea, i haven't told you yet cause we're always talkin bout something else. anyway, i'm gonna be a featured author for this book. ain't it amazing? check my latest entry for details! love ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home