Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Something new

Yesterday I just took my entire magazine collection– FHM, Manua, Pumpl and MetroHim –, started browsing, and reading the parts I usually ignore. I suddenly have this weird urge to read about fashion, health and lifestyle.

My exam last Friday had been somewhat of a wake-up call I guess. If I wanted to become a writer I must have at least basic knowledge of almost everything, I mean I shouldn’t just focus on my interest right? I was told to write about men’s fashion, I don’t even know the different types of clothes. I mean I know that what you wear on your upper body is called a shirt and its pants for the lower part, but what kind of shirt or pants this item is. No idea. When I was looking at the photos of the clothe line, I know I shouldn’t just call this shirt shirt or this pants pants.

Aside form that, I also watched Ambush Makeover, Project Runaway and America’s Next Top Model. A few cooking show and travel show on Discovery Travel and Living. I just want to be somewhat exposed to the topics I’m not familiar with.

Turns out that I still have a lot of things to learn.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tama yan, you need to learn new things kahit alam mong hindi ka interesado or hindi mo siya like. Importante may alam ka sa bagay na yun kahit konti. :)

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahaha. We are very different writers. I write mostly about lifestyle, health, fashion, reviews and travel. Hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home