Tuesday, April 10, 2007


So much for a happy ending

Since I posted my top 10 Final fantasy characters, my enthusiasm for FFjust seems to get higher and higher. It’s been a while since I last played any RPG game. My last would be Final Fantasy X, and I would rank it second to Final Fantasy VII. Obviously FFX offers better graphics and game play, but anyone who played FF7 and FFX would agree that FF7 got the best story ever.

But personally I think FFX got a better ending than FF7. My reaction when I finished FF7 was a big “HUH??”. Really complicated I tell you. Unlike FF7 where Aeris died in the end of Disc 1, FFX’s story somehow revolves around the love story of Tidus and Yuna.

Tidus was from another time and upon defeating Sin he would disappear. The scene where Yuna tries to run after the slowly fading Tidus and falling hard on the ground in that matter and you get to see Yuna in a miserable state, it almost made me want to cry. Lol. Really heartbreaking. Oh and the song was perfect. It really sets the mood. The scene was really an ‘awww’ factor.

I really didn’t expect a sad ending. In FF8, Squall and Rinoa lived happily ever after. And even though Aeris died in FF7, Tifa is there (but I’m still for Cloud and Aeris though). FF9’s Zidane and Garnet (or Dagger) ended up together as well.

Poor Yuna, she deserves to be happy. They might reunite in FFX-2 but I just played the first part, so I don’t know how it will end. Though I like the summoner Yuna better than the gunner version. But either way she’s really pretty.

For fun I’ll rank the FF series I played.

1.) Final Fantasy VII – the best.
2.) Final Fantasy X – great as well.
3.) Final Fantasy VIII – nice love story between Squall and Rinoa. Haven’t finished the game though because in the final place you have to go around the palace and kill a few boss to be able to unlock the commands in the battle mode. And I faced Ultimecea with only Attack and GF available.
4.) Final Fnatasy Tactics – love the gameplay.
5.) Final fantasy IX – didn’t like the fact that the characters are small. Lol.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home