Sunday, April 01, 2007


Let it fly

Graduation. It’s really important. To me that is. Being able to finish four long years in a good university and finally getting a piece of paper while wearing a black robe.

A proof that I did something right.

I’ve always been insecure. To my siblings that is. Whenever we go to parties or gatherings people can’t help but compare the three of us. My sister was the pretty and smart one; she’s the athlete and popular one. My brother’s the star, a good singer. Both of which are charismatic. And I am always the tall and kind guy. The latter is a good thing though, not that I’m complaining or what. But as they compare the three of us, I can’t help but think that among the three of us, I would be the useless and talentless one.

I love my siblings, don’t get me wrong.

And now that I finished college, it’s as if it was just now that I knew my worth. I now hold this piece of paper, the proof that my existence is valuable – for me that is. I now have something that I can be proud of. And to think that it would just be the start of reality.

It’s a big thing for me that my sister would skip her work just to attend my graduation tomorrow. She even asked me what I want as a gift, but I told her she doesn’t need to. She then said that she would just buy me a coffee.

I know I shouldn’t be insecure, from now on I wouldn’t. I know I shouldn’t.


I'll be graduating in a few hours.

And it feels so good.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats ^^

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

congrats satin sho~ we made it hehe! galing naman may job ka na pala..

galingan mo ha! ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home