Thursday, April 26, 2007


Just you

‘No man is an island’, true enough. Can’t argue with that right? But unlike other people who are in constant need of a buddy when they would go to the mall, I could spend the whole day alone and enjoy each and every single minute of it. Something that I call, ‘time for myself’. And I seem to find a lot of pleasure doing it.

Going to the mall alone is great because…

*you get to go anywhere you want.

*you don’t have to spend 10minutes talking in one corners deciding where to eat or where to go. Like you would ask “saan tayo kakain?” then number 1 friend would answer “kahit saan ok lang”, then number 2 friend would say “kayo na bahala, hindi naman ako gutom”, then you would say “sa –insert restaurant name here- na lang”, then friend 1 would say “ayoko dyan”, then friend 2 would suggest a place, then you would disagree… and after a few minutes of discussion your group would go to the food court.

*you don’t have to accompany your mom, sister, or a girl friend looking for the perfect outfit for hours.

*you could stay at PowerBooks and Starbucks (and sometimes Time Zone) for as long as you want.

*you’re not obliged to listen to anything your companion would tell you even if it bores you to death.

*you get to do people watching when you’re bored. And it’s fun.
A typical day for me at the mall would be: First at Starbucks enjoying my favorite Irish Cream Latte and Cinnamon Swirl while reading a good book. Go around CyberZone then go to PowerBooks. Buy a donut at GoNuts. Then buy a few back issue mags at Filbars. Play at Time Zone for some time. Then buy an ice cream or burger at McDonalds if I still have a few bucks. It may look boring but for me it’s spells F-U-N.

Try it. It’s great spending some time alone. Though I haven’t watched a movie by myself though. But I want to do it though. Lol.

5 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger jln. said...

omg sho!!!! this is uberfreaky!

i wrote an article/entry like a few years back on my journal before on exactly the same topic!

and we have the same reasons!!! i'm tellin ya... people watching, no need to ask others where to go, time for yourself...

and title nga ng article ko eh: "mall alone."

hahaha... freaky. mag bestfriends nga tayo. damn. send ko sayo yung article. hanapin ko lang mamaya.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger jln. said...

oh yea, and i miss powerbooks and filbars. hahaha. i miss the soft couches at powerbooks.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger jln. said...

haha, oh yea, i remember the last time u went shopping with me. 4th year xmas party. i was lookin for a gift for someone for like 3 hours. graaabe, and we ended up on the first store we went into. SORRY!

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the time I stroll around the mall alone too. I even eat at fastfoods alone and watch movies alone.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love hanging out alone doing stuffs I love when I go to the mall. When shopping, I never bring my hubby with me not unless mag-shoshopping din siya. Napapagod daw siya pag kasama ako hehehe.

Miss ko na mag-hangout sa Powerbooks ngayon eh. Malay natin pag may trabaho na ulit ako, baka sakali maulit ulit hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home