Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fashion disaster

I’ve done a few initial interviews and writing exercises, but the last – which was last Friday - would probably be the toughest.

I though it was just another initial interview but then the boss of the company came and so he was the one who talked to us – there’s another applicant Celine from Ateneo, she’s really nice. So yeah, the boss. He was really intimidating and I was so damn nervous. He’s really wise. We were born on the same day. But the feeling was just different, I mean he is the boss so that interview is no joke.

After the talk Celine and I were asked to write three articles: a business article, a feature article, and an opinion about Philippine politics. So why did I find the exam hard?

I was told to write a feature article about Topman, the leading men’s fashion retail in UK. I was given the magazine of the Spring/Summer 200 collection AND I DON’T KNOW A FREAKIN THING ABOUT FASHION. I’M NOT INTERESTED IN FASHION FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE. Celine was also told to do the same, though hers was women’s fashion something.

I was using the words chic, retro, stylish, trendy, elegant, sleek and modish which, as far as I remember, I haven’t used in any article I wrote in my life. And the description for each collection was just 4 sentences. It was tough I tell you.

Then the business article. Business journalism which I also abhor because you have to calculate this and that and I HATE MATH! Of all my journalism subjects, I got the lowest in business journalism (aside from journalism history that is, lol)


Chillin out

After the interview I went to my favorite coffee shop, Starbucks Megamall Bridgeway. Met my high school friend Janet, then after an hour came Pam and also Danna – both came from an interview as well. I found out that almost everyone is also having hard time job hunting.





Danna, Janet and Pam.


The banana duo (we call each other banana, long story).


The day after I met with Oneida and Aivee, two of my closest friends in high school. Missed them so much. Had a great time talking at the coffee shop and walking around the mall. We even went to Toy Kingdom and bought Barkada Trip toys.

Me, Aivee and Oneida @ CyberZone.

2 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Blogger n e i d s said...

yeah, i had a hell of a good time and i'd keep my sked open for another round of laugh-a-ton with you and aivee... ^_^

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo sobrang hirap maghanap ng trabaho. Never ako naniwala dito until I was the one finding a site for my OJT. I can feel that H.R. people are paimportante to the applicants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home