Tuesday, March 27, 2007



She-devil

Just saw “The Devil Wears Prada”, haven’t read the book yet and I don’t think I‘ll ever read it. But nevertheless the movie was great, really perfect for fresh graduate job hunters like me.

If I had to choose between a good personal life and a great career, no doubt I would take the latter. Same life philosophy for me and I think it will never change. Admit it or not money does matters. I find it really plastic when people say love is more important than money, or “Ok lang na mahirap tayo basta sama sama”. What the fuck! How would deal with life without money these days. I’m just trying to be practical and rational here.

That’s the main dilemma in the movie, as seen in the character of Miranda Priestly – played by actress Meryl Streep who I think was perfect for the role. It’s a no brainer to say that she was really successful, and upon gaining that fabulous career her personal life was hanging by a thread. You can say that she had everything but a good relationship with her husband.

My sister is doing well in her job. Earlier we were chatting and she told me that she was given a rating of 100% by this certain lady who holds the highest position in the company. I’m really proud of her. Though she didn’t even finish a semester in college, I’m just glad that she’s doing great. Currently she doesn’t have a boyfriend and now that she’s working we get to talk less. I guess that proves that career and love life doesn’t really blend together.

And I’m in pursuit of a career, not just a job.



+++

On another note, I had a blast at our Baccalaureate Mass last Friday. Fireworks were great. Had a great time with my friends. Took a lot of pictures. Good times.

A dream come true: to be a singer. Lol.

Bought some of my girl friends white roses.

I'm now a degree holder. Lol.

Proud to be a Thomasian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home