Saturday, March 10, 2007

My first embarrassing experience at UST

I went to UST with my Mom and Dad to apply for the USTET. We arrived at around 11AM, Dad decided to stay in the car and so with my Mom we went straight to the college of Educ (the UST pay park was still just a huge space for car parking then). So I was looking at the poster with the list of all the courses available at the university while my Mom was talking to the students at the booth (who were both AB students). In the form we were suppose to write our chosen course and the college and such. I decided to ask the guard just to know what I’m going to write was correct. I told him my first and second choice, Journalism and ECE. He told me to write College of Architecture at the top of Journalism and College of Engineering for ECE. I looked at him and said, “Architecture?”. He then looked at me as if he was insulted and said, “Oo!” quite irritated.

I followed and wrote what he said, with him at my back checking my form while I was completing it. Then I gave the form to the student at the booth and then she asked me. “Ano ba kukunin mo, Journalism or Architecture?”

I was so embarrassed! Good thing the girl was nice and she didn’t laugh at me. I felt so stupid. She then explained that it should be Faculty of Arts and Letters and not Architecture. So I told her that Manong Guard was the one who instructed me to write Archi. She then said, “Wag kang magpapaniwala diyan, madaming nabibiktima yan. Hindi lang ikaw.”

After paying the fee, my Mom and I left and I didn’t even took another glance at the guard.


Dekarangers

We're Dekarangers. Cool eh?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger dahliasatea said...

i look so pagirl!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home