Saturday, March 31, 2007

Going Korean

I’ve been addicted to Koreanovelas and Korean films. I don’t know but I just love them. Might be because of the storyline or the actors, but the bottom-line is that they are good. Really. And never did I imagine that my first job ever would also include Koreans.

Yep. Finally. I already have a job. I’m now an English Instructor for Koreans. Weird eh? I considered it since my applications from the companies that I applied in as a writer is still stagnant. So what the heck. Might as well take it and probably wait until I get any chances to really be a writer, then I could make this English teaching as a part time.

I never thought I would be accepted. I was so nervous during the final interview. There were seven panelists, each would bombard random questions. One was a Korean guy – the nicest among them.

I was the first to be in the hot seat, I was with four other applicants – next to me was a girl named Irish, then my good friend Dior, then an English professor from De La Salle, and a 17 year old guy.

They asked me questions like:

“Why did you apply in our company?”
- I was frank. I told them that I don’t want to be a bum and the work experience would in any way help me.

“What would you get if you were accepted?”
-or something to that effect because I told them that I really want to be a writer but its really hard to find because the publications are really not that open to accept fresh graduates, but this would help me gain more control of the English language since it is also vital if I get a job as a writer.

The Korean guy was the nicest, he just asked me if I enjoyed my internship in Malaya, answer which is yes of course and told him that I learned a lot and it made me realize that I really want that. He also just asked which paper I applied in.

After the said final interview Dior and I concluded that we most likely won’t be accepted because I never had any teaching experience or any job experience for that matter.

But I got a call yesterday – after calling 7 times and I only answered the last because MJ and I were playing Time Crisis and basketball at Time Zone Glorietta - saying that I passed the final interview and asked me to start the training on Monday, which is my graduation day so I’m excused. Dior passed as well.

Just hope I would make a nice amount of cash because of this job and maybe look for other companies or publication after the elections.




with Irish and Dior @ MRT Boni Station

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger jln. said...

sho!!! i'm soooo proud of you!

way to go!

you're officially not a bum anymore!

so when's the big day?

welcome to the world of employment. wow, you beat an english professor from DLSU? astig. what happened to Kristine?

email me email me on my gmail!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home