Wednesday, March 21, 2007


Effortless

If getting a job was as easy as a fighting game, then I wouldn’t have any problem. I’d only swipe the card once and would only worry for the boss battle, the last fight. I’d promptly annihilate anyone who dares to challenge and roll my eyes for a very lame fight they’d put up.

I’ve been a video game addict ever since I was born. Believe it or not I started playing when I was four years old. Kudos to my favorite tita who gave me a ‘Family Computer’ as a birthday present. Ever since I’d play for hours, do nothing but play.

Last Monday after chillin at Starbucks, Hazel and I decided to go and play ‘Time Crisis’ at Time Zone. It has been almost a year since I even went inside that place. Nothing has changed though. After playing a round of Time Crisis, I decided to play a fighting game called ‘Guilty Gear’. After a round I was able to learn all the special moves of my chosen character named Millia. A few rounds more and I were able to create a killer combo move which eliminated any other people who were brave enough to challenge me. I was really surprised that I was only defeated four times in four different battles.

Hours earlier before going to Megamall, Hazel and I went to Star and Malaya to pass our resumes. I did not pass my resume at Star; they were looking for female writers. And when we got to Malaya, they told us that they were no vacancies whatsoever for a reporter/writer. But they are in need of a FEMALE staff for the circulation something. After then we went to Mega.

On the bright side, I did get another interview request from a PR firm while we were at Starbucks. Well, just hope for the best. I don’t want to be a bum forever.

And also, I bought Hannibal at Book Sale for only P115!! When I saw the book I just grabbed it and took it to the counter. Lmao. Good thing there were no stocks left of Nick Horby’s ‘High Fidelity’ and ‘A Long Way Down’ at PowerBooks.

I’m ready to be terrified.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger jln. said...

yea, prepare to be terrified. omg, hanggang ngayon, i still think of those lecter moments in that freakin awesome book. pero sho, nakakatakot talaga ha. kaya hinay-hinay lang sa pagbabasa ng hannibal. and yea, it was indeed a great purchase. lucky you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home