Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Name

What's with my name? A while ago - well technically yesterday since it's already 2:16am Sunday - I got the weirdest and, may I say, the most unforgettable comment about my name from a professor.

During the roll call

Prof. Al Dimalanta: Zaidee Berniss Mendiola

Sho: (raises his hand)

Prof. Dimalanta: (looks at Sho and again at the seat plan) Ssaai... Ssaaaisho?

Sho and some other classmates: (pronounces the name correctly)

Prof. Dimalanta: Your first name is Zaidee Berniss, and if that's not weird enough you chose Saisho as your nickname.

Sho: ...

(Classmates laughs)

(Sho laughs)


It's just funny. It was the weirdest comment about my name in my whole life - so far. During the first meeting, when he called my name and I raised my hand. He looked at me, perplexed, and asked me if it was me because he was expecting a girl. Ok, so I've been quite used to that comment.


But I really love my name. It's very unique. I can be the only Zaidee Berniss Samson Mendiola in the world - thanks to my Aunt Lilibeth who told my parents to change my name when they, my parents, decided to name me Cedric. LoL.



Pics galore...


@ the AB bldg

@ BRB

with Em-Jeff. Happy monthsary to you and Jeff on Monday. Lol.

2 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahaha. hi celine :) lol.

bati tayo :)

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger jln. said...

hey, i love your name. it's like an anime hero/villain name whatever way you wanna see it. lol. hoy miss na kita! dang, i try to visit your blog you know kung musta na ba, but this is like the only time i made a comment. i'm uberbusy at school its not even funny. so yea, i'm goin crazzeeeee here but i love my life. it's aight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home