Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Go USTe

The underdogs won. The UST Growling Tigers defeated no. 1 team the Ateneo Blue Eagles in an OT victory 76-74 for the UAAP men's basketball chmapionship.

Feels so great that the Tigers won. They deserve the championship. The team was ignored, nobody expected them to win over the favored Eagles. I remember saying that I wouldn't mind if the Eagles would get the championship and that the Tigers being part of the Finals is great. But the Tigers winning the trophy is far better.

Waiting in line from 7am-12noon just to get tickets was so worth it. I had managed to watch all 3 games, I wouldn't forgive myself if I missed game 3.

Here's a rundown of the finals:
Game 1 - Eagles won by one point. Thanks Kramer's 1 second shot.
Game 2 - Tigers buried the game with 87-71. Eat that.
Game 3 - Tigers bagged the championship. 76-74 OT victory.

Game 3 was so exciting, we were losing hope in the last two minutes of the 4th quarter with Jervy Cruz and Evangelista out of the game with 5 fouls, but the remaining players still managed to defeat the Eagles. Good thing Intal missed his last shot. This is our year.

So proud to be a Thomasian.

One thing I didn't like was what Norman Black did, when the game was over he walked out. Such a sport. And yesterday he flew to America, woulnd't care less.

Kudos to rookie Coach Pido Jarencio for leading the team to the gold.

Go USTe!!

Having problems posting the pics. I'll upload them later. Back to work.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger jln. said...

is this true??? UST defeated ADMU???? wow... hats off to the tigers then!!! this is for UAAP right? sorry. my bad. i'm watchin a movie right now. lol. so just drop me a line in my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home