Monday, August 21, 2006

"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino." - from the movie You've Got Mail

"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life... to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - from the movie Dead Poets Society.


Sports Update

UST Tigers rips NU Bulldogs. It's a triple tie for the Tigers with Bulldogs and Falcons for the 4th place... there's still hope!!!

AdMU Eagles continue to soar as they defeat UP MAroons for their 8th consecutive win.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger jln. said...

i love that movie.. dead poets society. reminds me of someone. of course, you know who. and also reminds me to think for myself and i can always look at the different side of things.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger jln. said...

haha.. thanks. i dunno, sometimes i get fed up with the transformed flips here in canada. and bout nursing.. we'll still see. there's no harm in trying other fields anyway. and bryan? nah, it's just someone i met here... very sweet i must admit... but i'm still not ready and i still find it hard to trust a guy again, not after what happened with dave. so that's that. and my layout? hahha, just got it from a website full of blogger layouts. just google it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home