Thursday, July 27, 2006

Callalily

Loving Callalily's debut single "Stars" from the album DestinationXYZ. Song's good. LoL. Oh and also the song "Alive" by Frio, new band too.


Vamonos Glenda

Kudos to bagyong Glenda classes were suspended for two days. So I have nothing to do but watch TV and listen to music or have my usual movie marathons.

I took two old issues of Meg from my sister's room and after reading the article "Revenge of the Nerd" in the December 2002 issue, I searched for John Mayer's Room for Square album in my CD case. The article was about Mayer and I just suddenly loved his songs again.

In the article he was talking about his songs and what drove him to write them. He explains that "Love Song For No One" was actually him talking.

I remember Mj and I singing that song a year ago and agreeing that it was the song for ourselves - well of course now that she have Jeff the song doesn't apply to her anymore. LoL


Who Am I?

Mayer said that he was the weird kid back in high school, that he didnt fit in and that was the reason he concentrated on playing the guitars.

I don't really know who I am in high school. I wear glasses and I'm thin but I'm not smart so I don't think I qualify as a nerd. I'm not anti-social, I have friends though I can be a snob. I don't think I belong to the PNB boys (Patay Na Bata), ok I'm a bit shy but I just know and I don't want to be part of that group.

Well ok I can be geeky. I'm a video game geek. ARRGGH. I don't know and I don't think it really matters.

Now in college, I think my classmates sees me as the vain, snobbish and somewhat sarcastic rich boy - which I'm not.

I asked 15 schoolmates and friends to describe me in 3 words or so in my planner and here are their answers:

MJ - vain, flamboyant, skeletal (she has her own meaning for flamboyant, its her term for guys who are touchy.)
Jasmine - burgis, sweet, payatot
Julai - payat, rich-burgis, nanlilibre
Danna - high standard, sosyal, super selan (No idea why she wrote that)
Lee - vain, mataray (minsan), tall and thin
Yoj - coffee, espejo, uber nice (espejo is the spanish name for mirror)
May - generous, good listener, thin
Pam - bumbilya, mukhang underweight, banidoso
Pete - stick figure with glasses, humble rich person, narcissist
Kishy - poem partner, starbucks, vain
Yuan - mataba, masarap kausap sa umaga, hindi nako-conscious, hindi madaldal, pandak, thrifty
Nizzi - director, vain, bookish (they say I look like Direk Lauren Dyogi)
Cha - vain, lakas lumamon, poutty chinny, josh santana... oops groban pala, sooper tangkad, ice cream
Ryan - bait, sama, ok lang (kainis no)
Hazel - ok kakuchaba, ma-alaska, gumagawa ng bagong chika, mahilig manukso

10 out of 15 said I'm vain or banidoso. What's wrong with checking yourself in the mirror from time to time right?

ok ok, so I was called "unethical" twice by Sir Mabahague 2 years ago because he caught me looking at the mirror during class. LoL.


Weird

I was watching Channel News Asia last Tuesday night and I saw this news about Japan's $30 worth curry bath which is said to rejuvenate one's skin. Eew. And this guy even said that it smells yummy and spicy. YUCK!!! So freakin weird. I would never take a dip in a pool with curry sauce in it.

3 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger jln. said...

saisho: understands me best, passionate writer, believes in the crazy me.

haha... just for a change from all those "vain, rich, skinny" comments you got.

you were not a nerd in HS. so was i (contary to popular belief =P). we were and still are unique. we don't need labels or stereotypical groups to define ourselves then because we were doing just fine. we had our own set of friends. we did our homeworks on time. we passed every tests. we hang out in boks and go out every other time. we were ok and still are.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger jln. said...

i wrote that poem. the poet in me just kicked in.

tell you a secret: i don't write in paper anymore. i type directly here in my laptop. that means i'm getting a lot more lazy.

do you really think i can get in UTM? its the top university here in canada.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger jln. said...

haha.. how much is a laptop there ba? just save up for it when you already have a job. that's what i did. =) i didn't buy this baby overnight. i wish i can have backups. but after a year? i'm afraid so. i'm really short on confidence. crap. hey, i want your opinion for which course i would take: english or life science? you've known me forever. well, not forever forever but you know what i mean. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home