Thursday, June 15, 2006

Coffee and Headlights

(note: this was written when I was at the coffeshop after my OJT a few days ago)

time check: 7:22pm, June 13, 2006

Enjoying the splendid taste and aroma of Double Latte at Starbucks Megamall Bridegewayhas been my "habit" after my finishing my duty as an intern at the Makati City Hall Pressroom.

Latte, Double Latte or Quad latte with Irish Cream or Hazelnut, it actually depends on my mood and money. But I make sure that I'll go to this place at leats two or three times a week - usually on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.

But what really draws me to this branch? Must be the cozy ambience - the fact that a few people goes here at 7pm onwards, or the nice baristas - a few who already knows me and knows what I'm going to drink. But the real reason is the knockout view outside of cars passing by - which are visible with their headlights.

Weird but I've always been attracted to this view eversince I first drank coffee at this branch 5 months ago, which I soon found out that the view is better at night. I just sit there, writing and listening to music, taking a glance outside everytime my hand stops moving the pen on the paper, watching the car headlights in pair s as they come and go. And finally for the first time, I get to sit near the window. View is much better here.

With this luck sitting in this chair, I tried to capture the scene. Ok, I know it's weird staring at those lights, but it somehow gives me some kind of sooothing feeling. I don't care if I stay at this place until 9pm. But trust me, it's really something worth while. It's just so easy to love this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home